Reduce, reuse… repurpose your content!
Marketing content costs time, effort and money to create, so make sure to wring as much value as you can out of it. Take that presentation or white paper off the shelf and retool it to keep audiences engaged – and organic website traffic moving smoothly.
Below, we lift the hood a little on repurposing.
Won’t people know we’re reusing content?
It’s unlikely that even your biggest fans have tracked everything you publish. Remember the old “Rule of Seven” advertising adage? People need to hear your message multiple times before they take action.
When is the best time to repurpose content?
- Audiences have changed
- You need to reinforce critical messages
- Organic visibility is stagnant
- Anytime you want to make things easier on your marketing team – and their budget!
What’s the biggest benefit of content reuse?
Other than saving time, effort and money? Some people like to read 1,000-word blog posts. Others like two-minute videos. Repurposing content helps you appeal to different content preferences, expanding your audience.
How can I find my best-performing content?
Dive into your analytics to find the hot content to repurpose. Consider factors like views, social engagement and shares.
Hey, how about some great ideas?
Need some help repurposing your content? Let Signal help you slice and dice and re-imagine to keep your audience engaged.
Jim Ellis has over 20 years of experience in marketing strategy and implementation throughout a variety of industry sectors. Since 1999 he has been with Signal, a digital agency based in Wilmington and Raleigh, North Carolina. Signal has proven strengths serving as the “local agency” for global companies, generating solid results in web design, brand identity, mobile app development, digital strategy and more. Jim provides counsel to many of the agency’s largest clients with an eye toward integrated communications and a vast knowledge of both traditional and modern practices. As a songwriter and musician with a business degree, he believes his artistic/corporate “dual personality” gives him added perspective to be an effective liaison between clients and Signal’s talented creative team. Originally from Ohio, Jim graduated from the University of Richmond with a B.S. in Business Administration.
- Repurpose compelling stats or quotes from blog posts, white papers or surveys into snackable infographics for social sharing
- Turn tradeshow and conference presentations into SlideShare presentations to increase reach
- Turn a blog post into something visual, like an infographic or a whiteboard explainer video
- Gather some experts and have them discuss the topic of a recent presentation or blog post in a podcast
- Repackage related evergreen blog posts into something meatier, like an e-book with new visual elements
- Record an audio version of an e-book for easy “drive time” listening
- Publish webinars as tutorials on YouTube
- Create a quiz or a game from existing content