With more than 30 years of experience as a real estate agency, Network Real Estate has helped many people kick start their own careers in real estate. As a result, we’re lucky to work with a team of talented and passionate real estate agents who love what they do and where they do it.
If you’re thinking of embarking on a new career in real estate, there are a few things you should ask yourself. First and foremost is whether the lifestyle is a good fit. Below are five qualities every good real estate agent needs. If you can answer “yes” to the following statements, then you’re already on the road to success!
- You want to be your own boss. Are you an independent and motivated self-starter? Can you accomplish anything you set your mind to without someone telling you what to do? Are you perfectly capable of managing yourself? If so, a career in real estate might be a good fit. When you’re a real estate agent, you’re able to enjoy the perks of being your own boss, such as taking a vacation whenever you want, structuring your day in a way that fits your lifestyle, and pursuing your own opportunities. You also control your income. There’s no cap on your salary, and the only thing limiting what you take home is your ability to do your job well. The sky’s the limit.
- You get bored doing the same thing every day. Some people love routine. Not you. You enjoy unexpected surprises and variety in your day, and you want a career where you’re not stuck with a traditional 9-to-5 schedule. Whether you’re showing houses, reviewing contracts, touring homes, or putting together a great listing for a client, you’ll enjoy the fact that each day in real estate is different. The only downside is that sometimes you’ll have to work on the weekends or at night, when your clients are off and able to look at homes. It’s a small sacrifice to pay.
- You enjoy helping people. Buying or selling a home is often the largest transaction a person will make in his or her entire life. It can be emotional, expensive, confusing and exciting. People need someone who can help them through the process, guiding them, reassuring them, and looking out for them. As a real estate agent, you end up wearing a lot of hats. You’re not just helping a family buy a home, you’re also listening to their hopes and dreams, helping them make decisions, fighting for a fair deal, and refereeing any arguments that may arise. These duties will be a lot easier to take on if you like helping people and want to make their lives better.
- You’re outgoing and social. Working in real estate means you’re constantly meeting new people, and often forming fast and deep bonds with your clients. After all, you’re helping them through an intense time in their lives and discussing their hopes and dreams for their future homes. If you’re shy, introverted or would rather hide behind a desk or a computer screen, this may not be the career for you. If you enjoy meeting new people of all ages and backgrounds, making conversation, and breaking the ice, then you’ve come to the right place!
- You love to learn new things. Like most industries, real estate is constantly changing. From new technologies to the latest market trends to advertising on social media, there’s always something new to learn about the industry. If you enjoy keeping your mind sharp and nimble, then real estate will offer you countless opportunities to learn and grow. Keeping up can be challenging, but that’s part of the fun. At the very least, you’ll never get bored!
At Network Real Estate, we provide new agents with the training, support and tools necessary to succeed in real estate. Our agents enjoy the benefits of a professional company website, marketing campaigns aimed at home sales, and the shared knowledge of the supportive, experienced agents you’ll work alongside. Network Real Estate also offers a competitive compensation package to agents compared to other companies in the area.
If you’re interested in pursuing real estate with Network Real Estate, contact us
today. Your new career starts here!
Neal Johnson is a CMCA, CRB, CNE and GRI-certified, licensed real estate broker at Network Real Estate, which has exclusively served a high volume of property sales and purchases in the greater Wilmington area for more than 30 years. With offices at College Road, Historic Downtown and Pleasure Island, Network’s brokers are widespread and well-versed in this marketplace, making Network a preferred real estate company for first-home buyers and beyond.