At O’Brien Service Company, we know that when the heat quits working on a cold winter day, you don’t want to wait very long. While we will try and get to your home as soon as we can, here are a few things that you can check yourself that might help solve your problem.
If you have no heat, here are some possible reasons, as well as ways to solve the problem:
- If you have a gas system, your gas may be turned off. We recommend that you check the gas valve at the gas company meter, check the shutoff valve at the furnace, and check for other shutoff valves. Contact the gas company to have gas valve turned on or give us a call.
- Your system could be unplugged or turned off. For this, we recommend that you check both your thermostat and heating system to make sure they are both plugged in.
- Your thermostat may be off or incorrectly set. Make sure that your thermostat is set to heat and that it is reset to your desired temperature.
- Your circuit breaker may have tripped. For this, check your circuit breaker box and reset the circuit breaker.
If you don’t have any airflow, there are a few different things to check.
- You may have dirty filters that need to be cleaned or replaced. If the problem persists after cleaning or replacing your filters, give O’Brien a call.
- Your system could be frozen due to a dirty coil. Our recommended action is to call us to come check the system. In the meantime, shut off the thermostat for one to three hours to see if it will defrost.
There are several other reasons to call for a heating repair in Wilmington N.C., such as an overflowing drain pan, a system that runs constantly, and high utility bills. If you are experiencing any of these issues, be sure to give O’Brien a call to assess the problem.
Don’t be left in the cold this winter; make sure that your heating system is maintained by a professional. We recommend that you call as soon as you detect an issue that may require repair, as prompt repairs can help prevent other problems.
Jimmy Williams has owned and operated O'Brien Service Company for more than 30 years. Our highly trained and versatile technicians can expertly handle complex repairs, installations, and advise you on the benefits of regular maintenance. O'Brien will work on both residential and commercial systems, and is a certified Trane Specialist. Call today to have your system serviced, or to have a free at home estimate. You can contact us by calling (910) 799-6611, or visit our website at www.obrienservice.com.