The use of ductless HVAC systems is becoming more prevalent in Wilmington, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas. As the name implies, ductless HVAC systems are cooling and heating systems that do not require ductwork. Instead, the goal of cooling or heating an area is achieved by matching an indoor unit with an outdoor unit.
One advantage to ductless systems is that one outdoor unit can be paired with multiple indoor units if necessary. There are many other advantages to having a ductless HVAC system installed in your home or office, such as:
- Flexible Solutions. For additions and homes without existing duct work, a ductless HVAC system is typically a practical, effective choice. Since this type of system only heats and cools the areas where the indoor units are placed, it provides the benefit of zoning. In the case of a finished room over the garage, for example, a ductless HVAC system could be installed for just that one room. Zoning is a substantial benefit as it allows you to choose where you want the indoor units installed, as well as set a different temperature for specific areas.
- Save Money. Ductless HVAC systems are typically much cheaper to install than traditional systems, and the benefit of zoning delivers a substantial cost savings in terms of increasing energy efficiency. Further, ductless systems have an extremely high SEER rating, which is a measurement of performance and operating efficiency. Adding to the appeal of ductless systems is the fact that research conducted by Energy.gov points out that ductwork losses can account for more than 30 percent of energy consumption for space conditioning, especially if the ducts are in an unconditioned space such as an attic.
- Easier Installation. Eliminating the need for ductwork bypasses one of the most complicated problems associated with installing heating and cooling systems. In most cases, installing a ductless HVAC system requires much less time and effort than a traditional system. A few pipes will need to go through the wall to connect the outdoor unit to the indoor unit, but this is much less invasive than installing duct work. O’Brien Service Company offers complimentary in-home evaluations, during which our comfort specialists will examine your home and design an action plan for what the installation would entail.
- Improve IAQ. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has been receiving a lot more attention lately, and for good reason. Studies conducted by Trane show that indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air. An unfortunate side effect of our mission to save energy on heating and air costs by sealing up our homes against the elements is that more contaminants get trapped inside. Over time, duct work will eventually collect a substantial amount of dust and debris, which will keep circulating in your home unless properly maintained and cleaned. Ductless HVAC systems offer a multistage filtration process that can significantly reduce dust, bacteria, pollen and other airborne particles.
- Environmentally Friendly. As a result of the zoning capabilities and other factors, ductless heating and air conditioning systems are energy efficient. Also, they use a refrigerant known as R410A, which is labeled as having zero potential for ozone depletion. The ductless HVAC systems that O’Brien Service Company installs follow Energy Star guidelines.
The advantages noted here are just a few of the benefits provided by ductless HVAC systems. If you think a ductless HVAC system would be a great option for your home, give O’Brien a call to schedule a complimentary in-home evaluation. O’Brien Service Company has been installing ductless HVAC systems in the Wilmington, North Carolina, area for many years, so let us show you what true comfort can feel like. For more information on ductless HVAC systems, visit the Mitsubishi website. O’Brien Service Company is a locally owned and operated Mitsubishi-certified Diamond Contractor.
Jimmy Williams has owned and operated O'Brien Service Company for over 30 years. O'Brien Service Company's highly trained and versatile technicians can expertly handle complex repairs, installations, and advise you on the benefits of regular maintenance. O'Brien will work on both residential and commercial systems, and is a certified Trane Specialist. Call today to have your system serviced, or to have a free in-home estimate. You can contact us by calling 910.799.6611, or visit our website at http://www.obrienservice.com.