Think you may need an air conditioner repair in Wilmington? Then look no further than O’Brien Service Company! We’d love to help you with any issues your system might be having, although sometimes you might be able to solve the problem yourself.
There are many different elements that could make your system unable to cool your home. Here are a few troubleshooting tips from the experts at Trane for different problems your system maybe experiencing.
- You might have a tripped circuit breaker. Try to reset your breaker and see if that fixes your problem.
- Your thermostat/control might be off or set incorrectly. Check to make sure your thermostat/control is on and set to cool, then reset it to your desired temperature.
- Your indoor unit is running but the outdoor unit is not. Air coming through your vent will be warm. Check the temperature setting on the thermostat/control. If that doesn’t help, try turning off your thermostat/control for an hour to three hours to see if it will reset itself. If that still doesn’t solve the problem, contact your local professional.
Another common problem with AC units is no air flow. There are several reasons why this might be happening:
- You may have dirty filters. Check the filters in each of your system’s components. Clean or replace filters as recommended. If the problem persists, contact your local professional.
- Your system may have frozen up due to a dirty coil. Check for signs of water below the unit and a cold exterior surface of the indoor coil enclosure. Contact your local professional, and in the meantime turn off your thermostat to see if it will defrost.
Here are some other common issues that can occur with AC systems in the summertime.
- Your system may be running constantly. If this is the case, it may mean that your system could be trying to reach a set point that is too extreme. To fix this problem you’ll need to check the set point for your thermostat; in the summer months it may be very low. Reset your thermostat. If that doesn’t help, contact a professional.
- Your drain pan may be overflowing. If this is happening, turn off your system and contact your local professional.
These are just a few examples and solutions of what could cause you to need an AC repair in Wilmington, North Carolina. If you do not feel comfortable trying to diagnose the problem yourself, do not hesitate to call us at O’Brien Service Company. At the same time don’t try to do too much because you could hurt the system more – or even worse, yourself. Leave the major repairs to the professionals here at O’Brien.
We hope these tips can help you, and feel free to call us with your questions! For more tips, vistit the Trane website
Jimmy Williams has owned and operated O'Brien Service Company for more than 30 years. Our highly trained and versatile technicians can expertly handle complex repairs, installations, and advise you on the benefits of regular maintenance. O'Brien will work on both residential and commercial systems, and is a certified Trane Specialist. Call today to have your system serviced, or to have a free at home estimate. You can contact us by calling (910) 799-6611, or visit our website at www.obrienservice.com.