Some events and training sessions will be held tomorrow in Pender County and Wilmington for homeowners filing insurance claims and roofing information. Here are the events and locations.
• Victim’s Assistance Center, 115 S. Dickerson St., Burgaw. The Department of Insurance will conduct a Victims Assistance Center that will be open to the public starting on Thursday, Sept. 27 at the Historic Train Depot from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be a team of experts from the department to help with insurance issues.
• Insurance Camp, 106 Wilkes Lane E., Hampstead. The Department of Insurance will also host an Insurance Camp where Pender County residents can get information, file claims and ask questions of insurance carriers. The camp will be on Thursday, Sept. 27 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. many insurance companies will be there to assist. Call Marcia Kelly at (919) 219-2998 for more information.
• The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety will be sponsoring a training session for its FORTIFIED Home Hurricane program on Thursday, Sept.27. The program is for experienced roofers and will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville at 1989 Eastwood Road. Wilmington training session will be led by IBHS senior roofing specialist Mark Zehnal and free lunch will be provided.
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Businesses have continued announcing openings after Hurricane Florence had forced closures in the days before and after.
Below is a running list of events and business openings. To see a full list of opening announcements, click here.
• W.M. Jordan Company, 1712 Eastwood Road, has been open for business throughout the storm. Call them at 679-4551 or visit www.wmjordan.com
• Wilson Center, 703 N. Third St., will reopen Saturday, Sept. 29 with N.C. Symphony Season Kick-off at 7:30 p.m. The symphony will perform Beethoven's Symphony No. 5. Tickets are $20 plus tax and fees. Ticket central and administrative offices open Thursday, Sept. 27. More information at www.capefearstage.com/beethovens-5th/
• McIntyre Paradis Wood & Co. CPA’s PLLC, 112 Cardinal Drive Ste. 105, is open for business. Contact enrolled agent Ann Stoeber at [email protected]
or call 793-1181.
• Medac Urgent Care will be on normal operating schedule starting Thursday, Sept. 27.
Urgent care locations and hours:
- Shipyard Blvd. (8 am-11 pm)
- Porters Neck (8 am-8 pm)
- Monkey Junction (8 am-8 pm)
- Murrayville (8 am-8 pm)
- Military Cutoff (8 am-8 pm)
• Access of Wilmington Inc., some programming resumed starting Tuesday, Sept. 25. Programs this week include:
- Thursday, September 27th: ACCESS Fit: 4-5 PM at The Miracle Field of Wilmington. Any of our Fit or Miracle League participants are welcome to join us for recreation at Miracle Field! No cost to participate. Competitive Team Practice Night: 6-7:30 PM at The Miracle Field.
- Saturday, September 29th. Miracle League Opening Day was postponed until Saturday.
• Full Bely Project, its physical location is closed due to storm damage. “We are open for communication! We will be able to check our phone but not on a consistent basis, so please email us or visit our website if you have any questions or concerns.” All volunteer work at the Full Belly location is canceled until further notice. Call 452-0975 or email [email protected]
Restaurants and Cafes
• Clean Juice, 917 Innovation Drive, is open for normal business hours from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call them at 239-9102 or visit https://www.cleanjuice.com/locations/mayfaire
• The Barnes & Noble bookstore, 850 Inspiration Drive at Mayfaire Town Center in Wilmington, is expected to reopen at 9 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 27.
Editor's note: The Business Journal is running “Open for Business” stories with a roundup of companies and other organizations that have reopened to help spread the word for as long as necessary. To be included in these, send an email to [email protected]. Include the name of your business, address, phone number, website and a brief update (for example, if you have limited hours, a high-demand item in stock or other relevant information).