More area businesses were opening Monday following impacts of Hurricane Florence. Below is a running list of some of those locations. To see a full list of opening announcements, click here.
Banks and Credit Unions
• Wells Fargo, as of this weekend, has four locations open in Wilmington and Leland. Locations 1701 Shipyard Blvd., 1120 Military Cutoff Road, 5501 Carolina Beach Road and 1012 Leana Drive, Leland, are open regular business hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mayfaire and Myrtle Grove branches are open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Corning Credit Union, all Wilmington-area branches are now open during regularly scheduled hours starting Monday, Sept. 24. “If you need disaster relief assistance, we’re here to help. More information about all of our disaster relief options can be found online here
• CresCom Bank, 1612 Military Cutoff Road location is open, drive-thru only from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The drive-thru at N. Third Street opened Monday, Sept. 24 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will open with regular hours on Tuesday. Lobbies for both locations will remain closed until further notice. The 4710 Oleander Drive location is closed until further notice.
• Morvil, 1409 Audubon Blvd., Ste B3, reopened its office on Monday with normal business hours. Call at 342-0100 or contact Morvil at [email protected]
• Copiers Plus, 423 Shipyard Blvd., is open for business during its regular hours. Short-term rentals and long-term plans are available. Visit the business at www.copiers-plus.com for more information or call 800-648-7081.
• Thrifty Office Furniture, 5101 Dunlea Court, Suite 109, is open for business. Call 395-589 or visit www.thriftyofficefurniture.com
. “We have already begun assisting those affected with furniture solutions and as a Wilmingtonian since birth, I want to help my community. Here's how Thrifty can help: Provide design services free of charge, forego the initial deposit required for rental furniture and extend a 25% refund of the total rental amount for those who purchase new product.”
• Signarama, 2509A S. College Road, is open during regular hours, Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 793-4770.
• On Target Staffing, 2804 S. College Road, Suite 101, is open for business from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. “We do have work available with the clean-up efforts.” Call 765-0949 or visit www.ontargetstaffingllc.com
• Cape Fear Jobs, 1213 Culbreth Drive, is open for business. Call 782-2142 or visit www.capefearjobs.com
• Stroud and Company CPAs, 3811 Peachtree Ave. Ste. 200 was open for business as of noon Monday. “We can answer any of your questions related to storm recovery, IRS and North Carolina Extensions etc.” Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 793-5454 or visit www.stroudcompanycpa.com
• Mathnasium of Wilmington, 6800 Parker Farm Drive, Suite 140, is open for business during regular hours Sunday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Monday through Thursday 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Call them at 679-4328 or visit www.mathnasium.com/Wilmington
Financial Services and Insurance
• Scale Finance, with locations in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach is open for business. “Scale Finance is ready to assist companies experiencing finance and/or accounting challenges from the storm or “normal” operations.” Contact Mark Leeds ([email protected]
), Amanda Jones ([email protected]
) or Lisa Maida ([email protected]
) for more information.
• Wells Insurance, 1 N. Third St., 5712 Oleander Drive and 1418 N. Howe St., Southport locations are open. Call them at 762-8551. “Our Wrightsville Beach Marine Insurance office is closed while we wait for internet service to resume there, however, marine clients can visit our Oleander office for in-person service. All phone lines are staffed company-wide.”
• State Farm, 1112 E. Cutlar Crossing, Suite 104 is open for business during regular hours from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and is fully staffed. Call 383-1303 or visit www.joshinsuresme.com/
Nabell Winslow Investments & Wealth Management, 211 Racine Drive, Suite 100, is open for business. Call 239-9130 or visit www.nabellwinslow.com
Gym and Fitness Centers
• Amplifly Cycle and Strength, 165 Porters Neck Road, Unit D, is open for business with regular business hours. Call them at 821-0737 or visit the Facebook page
• Wilmington Health resumed normal operating hours on Monday, Sept. 24. The main phone line 341-3300 is now available. The schedule and locations are as follows.
• Achieve Medical Weight Loss, 4130 Oleander Drive, is reopening Tuesday, Sept. 25. Hours are Tuesday 3 to 7 p.m., Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Cromshaw Chiropractic, 304 Village Road, Leland, is open for business during regular hours. Call them at 371-2525 or visit www.cromshawchiro.com
• Medac Urgent Care, all locations are open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Wednesday, Sept. 26. For locations visit medachealth.com
• Hotel Ballast, 301 N. Water Street, has been open for business during the storm including the restaurants. Call them at 763-5900 or visit hotelballast.com
• Bonbon Crafting Parties, 7316 Market Street, is open for business and extra hours while school is out. It is open Monday, Sept. 24 and Tuesday, Sept. 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Normal painting walk-in hours are Thursday and Friday from noon to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visit Bonbon’s Facebook page
or call them at 233-4247.
• Cameron Art Museum and the CAM Café, 3201 S. 17th Street, is open with a regular schedule Tuesday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursday until 9 p.m. Call 395-5999.
• StepUp Wilmington, 20 N. Fourth Street, Suite 430, reopened Monday, Sept. 24. “We look forward to rebuilding our city and surrounding areas, supporting our neighbors as we all rise above the flood waters and #StepUp together. #ILMstrong” Call them at 343-8469 or visit www.stepupwilmington.com
• North Carolina Ports in Wilmington and Morehead City resumed full commercial truck operations Monday, Sept. 24.
Real Estate Services
• Trask Land Company, new address at 1051 Military Cutoff Road, Ste. 210, is open for business. Call them at 799-8755 or visit www.trasklandco.com/
Restaurants and Cafes
• Michael’s Seafood, 1206 N. Lake Park Blvd., Carolina Beach, is open for business. The restaurant is open every day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Call them at 458-7761 or visit mikescfood.com
• Nigori Gourmet and Sushi Bar, 2549 Castle Hayne Road, is open during its regular hours from Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Call them at 769-2213 or visit nigorigourmetesushibar.com
• El Cerro Grande, 5120 S. College Road, 341 S. College Road and 1051 Military Cutoff Road, locations are open for business during regular hours. More information at www.elcerrogranderestaurants.com
• Zocalo Street Food and Tequila, 1474 Barclay Pointe Blvd. Suite 206 is open for business during regular hours. Call them at 833-5142.
• Tropical Smoothie Café, 2804 S. College Road, opened on Monday, Sept. 24. The 143 Poole Road location is open for business. The location at 130 Hays Lane is closed as of Sunday evening. More information at www.tropicalsmoothiecafe.com/locations/
• Daily Grind Coffee, Donuts & Ice Cream, 208 N. New River Road, Surf City and 13500 N.C. Highway 50, Surf City, locations have reopened. “We have full menu and are just happy to be open for the community during this time.” Call them at 541-0471 for more information.
• Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar, 13460 N.C. Highway 50, Surf City, opened last week. “We are now one of the only restaurants open in Surf City.” Call them at 757-348-4838 or visit the website
• REEDS Jewelers is open for business at 926 Inspiration Drive. The store will resume regular business hours this week. Call them at 256-2962. The Independence Mall location at 3500 Oleander Drive reopened on Sept. 12. Call them at 799-6810.
• Scotchman, 900 N. Lake Park Blvd., Carolina Beach Road, is open for business. The Carolina Beach location received over 4,000 bags of ice.
• Stone Garden, 5726 Market Street, is now accepting credit cards and cash. Delivery service is available Monday through Friday. Phone and internet were out as of Friday night. Call or text them at 859-0303.
• Wilmington Beef Jerky Outlet, 4719-I New Centre Drive, is open for business. Current hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call them at 769-5418 or visit www.beefjerkyoutlet.com/wilmington
• JCC Outdoor Products – Wilmington Grill, is open at 3314 Enterprise Drive with normal business hours Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 793-1345.
• Baker Roofing Company, 3107 Kitty Hawk Road, is open for business as of last week. Call them at 799-7585 or visit the website
• Southeastern Tile Connection, 2101 Capital Drive, is open for business from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call them at 799-5565 or visit www.setileconnection.com
• TeamLogic IT of Wilmington, 2901 N. Kerr Ave., is open and operating on a normal work schedule, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. “We are working to assist our clients with restoring data and returning to normal operations.” Call them at 500-1392.
Editor's note: The Business Journal is running “Open for Business” stories with a roundup of companies and other organizations that have reopened to help spread the word. To be included in these, send an email to [email protected]. Include the name of your business, address, phone number, website and a brief update (for example, if you have limited hours, a high-demand item in stock or other relevant information).