As real estate agents, we are often asked, “Why should I move to Wilmington?”
Many people move here to be closer to family or retire near the beach. But, if you stop to think about all the wonderful attributes of the Wilmington area, the question becomes, “Why not
move to Wilmington?”
The real estate market in Wilmington is booming. In addition to plenty of new builds; traditional, historic and beach houses abound to satisfy any taste in architecture or location. Wilmington provides a variety of experiences, whether you are interested in history, the beach, culture or just plain fun!
The following examples are just a few of the many things to explore in the Wilmington area.
If you are interested in the civil war, plantation life or the antebellum south, Wilmington offers everything from forts to mansions to southern food:
- Fort Fisher - a Confederate fort during the civil war, Fort Fisher provides a fascinating walk through history.
- Bellamy Mansion Museum - a wonderful example of antebellum architecture and life as lived in the old South.
- Cape Fear Boil Company - if you have never sat down to a low-country boil, get ready for some tasty food and a unique eating experience.
From Johnny Mercer’s Pier and the beach in Wrightsville Beach to the family-oriented fun in Carolina and Kure beaches, check out what area beach towns have to offer:
- Wrightsville Beach - walk on the pier, try your hand at surfing, fishing or paddle boarding and spend the day at the beach. It doesn’t get better than that!
- Pleasure Island - you can find both Carolina Beach and Kure Beach on Pleasure Island. With a family atmosphere, music, fireworks and fun all summer you can find something for everyone.
Wilmington boasts many theaters and venues, where you can catch a play, watch some comedy, or even take in big-name acts to satisfy your cultural cravings and provide a relaxing escape:
- Thalian Hall - provides different cultural events and showcases the performing arts throughout the year in a stunning venue.
- Greenfield Lake Amphitheater - allows for a laid-back outdoor music experience.
- Dead Crow Comedy Room - features local and national live comedians who will tickle your funny bone every time.
With places for kids and adults to blow off steam and enjoy some outdoor activities to learning about our oceans and unique ecosystem, the Wilmington area has something for all interests and levels of activity:
- Jungle Rapids - kids of all ages will love the waterpark, mini-golf, arcade, and go-karts
- North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher - whether it’s sharks, alligators, sea turtles, butterflies or birds, the aquarium offers interactive exhibits to learn about them all and more.
- Downtown Wilmington - enjoy the boardwalk along the Cape Fear River, take a tour and browse the many restaurants, craft breweries, and unique shopping options.
These are just a few of the many fun and educational reasons to come to the Wilmington area. There is so much more to experience, including our neighbors to the south. Myrtle Beach, with its many award-winning golf courses is a short drive away and Charleston makes a great day trip!
When you decide to move here - and we are confident that our area supplies everything you could ever want or need - let us know what you are looking for. The real estate agents at KBT Realty
are ready to both find you a home and discuss our favorite things about the Wilmington area!
With a mortgage background stretching over the course of eight years and several years of experience in the Real Estate industry, Tyson Emery has proven that he gets the job done. His Real Estate career has allowed him the privilege to work with several clients, which has consistently landed him in the top one percent every year. As an owner along with Kirk Pugh and Becky Brown, KBT Realty has continued to grow by providing an environment to agents that concentrates on training and personal growth. Their philosophy is to figure out what you are good at and help you become great.