More area businesses are opening Friday following impacts of Hurricane Florence. Below is a running list of some of those locations. To see a full list of opening announcements, click here.
• Piedmont Advantage Credit Union, 3815 Park Ave., is open for business from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. “We offer specialized loans to assist with disaster recovery as well as full-service banking products.” Visit them at www.pacu.com.
• New Hanover Workforce Center, 1994 S. 17th St., is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. “We can assist people with filing the Disaster Unemployment Assistance claim and assist them in finding new employment if they lost their jobs. Additionally, we can work with employers to find the talent they need in order to fill vacant positions! No additional charge for our services.” Call them at 251-5777.
• Relax! Massage & Skin Care, 4000 Oleander Drive, Suite 102, is open and has appointments available by calling 262-1122 or through the website www.healedbyacupuncture.com.
• Wilmington Hair Restoration and Studio Sapphire, 203 Racine Drive, Suite 208 opened for business today at 10 a.m. It is handing out free care packages of non-perishables, personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies. Call them at 515-4062.
• Express Employment Professionals, 4620 Cedar Drive, is open for business. Call them at 392-2300.
• U.S. Cellular, 1418 S. College Road, is open during regular business hours Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday noon to 5 p.m. Call them at 798-8878.
• Cape Fear Habitat ReStores, 7330 Market St. location opened Friday with regular hours Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5p.m. The store’s 1208 S. Third St. location will open Saturday at 9 a.m. for the same regular business hours. Visit their website www.capefearhabitat.org
• JCPenney and Sephora inside the store, 3500 Oleander Drive, opened on Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with limited access to the store from the parking lot, not from the mall entrance. Call them at 392-1400.
• Ace Hardware, 3516 S. College Road, is open for business. Call them at 889-3516 or visit www.aceilm.com. “We are open for normal business operations. We have Chainsaws, Trash Bags, Cleaners, Shop vacs, Batteries, Generators, Flashlights, and all the other supplies needed to get back to normal.”
• Camillions, 112 Market St., is opening Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Has a limited staff but they are resuming business as usual. Call them at 339-3620 or visit www.camillionsnc.com.
• N.C Ports, 2202 Burnett Blvd., terminals in Wilmington and Morehead City opened to employees and vessel traffic Thursday. The Ports of Wilmington and Morehead City will open to full commercial truck traffic on Sep. 24. For more information call 763-1621 or visit www.ncports.com
• Carolina Care Urgent Care and Sports Medicine, 6832 Market St., Suite A, is open for business during its regular hours. Call them at 859-2273.
• BenchMark Physical Therapy, all locations are open and are offering appointments within 24 to 48 hours. Locations:
- Myrtle Grove (in shopping center next to post office) - 5619 Carolina Beach Road, phone: 790 – 1976.
- Ogden Marketplace (next to Publix) - 7150 Market St. Ste 120, phone: 686 – 1604.
- Leland (Waterford Shopping Center) - 503 Olde Waterford Way Ste 205 Leland, NC 28451. Phone: 399 – 4039.
- Bolivia/Southport (Midway Commons near Lowe's Foods/next to LA Fitness) - 2819 Midway Road SE Ste 114 Bolivia, phone: 253 – 9964.
- Ocean Isle (next to Lowe's Foods/Publix traffic circle) - 6278 Beach Drive SW, Ste 114 Ocean Isle, phone: 579 – 3900.
• Promina Health, 1606 Physicians Drive, is open using ad-hoc hours for the rest of the week. It is seeing patients daily on an as-needed basis and will open for regular hours on Monday. New patients can sign up anytime on our website. Call them at 795-1395 or visit www.prominahealth.com
• Wilmington Health is open and will resume normal operation hours Sept. 24. Call them at 341-3300. The schedule and locations are as follows:
Walk-in and Primary Care Hours 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• Pediatrics and internal medicine- Mayfaire and Monkey Junction
• Internal Medicine- 1202 Medical Center
• Family Medicine- Shipyard and Hampstead
• OB/GYN- 17th Street
• Urgent Care- Jacksonville
• Pediatrics Convenient Care- Silver Stream
• Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease- Silver Stream
Specialty Care Hours 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• Dermatology- Monkey Junction
• Rheumatology- Silver Stream
• Orthopedics- 1202 Medical Center
• Orthopedics- Porters Neck
• Orthopedics- Jacksonville
• Endocrinology- 1500 Physician Drive
• Pulmonary- 1222 Medical Center
• Urology- 1202 Medical Center
Sept. 22 and Sept. 23 Clinics that will be open for Walk-in Care
• Convenient Care- Monkey Junction 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Urgent Care- Jacksonville 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Pediatric Convenient Care- Silver Stream 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Today's Care - 1202 Medical Center Drive (Saturday only) 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
• Walk-in Care- Brunswick Forest (Saturday only) 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
•New Hanover Regional Medical Center Emergency Department - North, 151 Scotts Hill Drive, has reopened as of Friday.
•Integrated Family Services Mobile Crisis, 725 Wellington Ave., is open for services. Visit them at www.integratedfamilyservices.net.
• Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Graham Mills is working remotely while the office is closed. Best way to reach him is to call 214-1641 or email him at [email protected].
• Alpha Mortgage Corporation, 1320 Airlie Road and 1013 Ashes Drive locations are open for business. They are also open at their Jacksonville locations. Call them at 256-8999 or visit www.alphamortgage.com
• Angel Oak Home Loans, 1119 Military Cutoff Road, is open during regular business hours. “We did make an Amazon wish list to help people in the area if you can help spread the word!” Call them at 839-0177.
• Wealth Coach of North Carolina 1015 Ashes Drive, Suite 200, is open for business. Call them at 398-6405 or visit www.wealthcoachnc.com.
•T.A. Woods Company, 6713 Netherlands Drive, is open and the service department is running. Call service number 350-2665 or visit tawoods.com
Stones by Earth Inc., 6501 Carolina Beach Road, is open for business. Call them at 765-1185 or visit www.stonesbyearth.com
•Bon Appetit Restaurant and Catering, 3704 Carolina Beach Road, is currently open with normal business hours but is serving a limited menu until Saturday. Regular menu and times will start on Saturday. Call them at 796-0520 or visit www.bonappetitwilmington.com.
•Waterline Brewing Company, 721 Surry Road, is open during normal business hours. Call them at 777-5599 or visit www.waterlinebrewing.com.
•Hibachi To Go, 6932 Market St., 894 S. Kerr Ave. and 15248 U.S. Highway 12, Hampstead locations are open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day. Call them at 264-6064.
•Front Street Brewery, 9 N. Front Street, opened on Thursday with a limited menu. They will be open on Friday until 10 p.m. with an expanded menu. It will be serving a full menu starting Saturday until 11 p.m. Call them at 251-1935.
•Moe's Southwest Grill, 4401 Oleander Dr., opened Friday. (Owner Johnston Sifly is pictured above Friday letting customers know the restaurant is open. Photo by Hill Rogers.)
•Atlantic Glass, 301 N. Green Meadows Drive., is currently open. “Normal business hours but we are working overtime to try to get to as many people as possible.” Call them at 452-4155 or visit www.atlanticglass.net.
•Coastal Heating & Air does not have power but is running service calls through answering service. Call them at 763-1183 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
•Airgas Store, 2824 Carolina Beach Road, is open for business. “We are and have been supplying medical oxygen to local hospitals, shelters, and EMS locations.” Call them at 392-2711.
•Carolina Comfort Air, 1809 Blue Clay Road, is open for business. Its service team is out assisting homeowners and businesses as road conditions allow. Call them at 210-0072 or visit www.carolinacomfortair.com
•PODS, 312 Raleigh St., Suite 11, is open with a high demand. “We have containers available and are working hard to deliver them as quickly as possible to those with damaged homes and businesses.” Contact Tom Gaeds at 508-6100 or visit podscarolinas.com.
•The Flying Locksmiths, 9970 Beach Drive, Calabash, is open for business. Call them at 765-7311.
•The Grounds Guys of Wilmington, 4144 Heathside Drive, is open for business offering cleanup services along with landscape services. Call them at 742-4600 or visit www.groundsguys.com/wilmington.
•AlphaGraphics, 3534 S. College Road, Unit 1, is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. “We have plenty of paper and signage material in stock to help wherever needed.” Call them at 791-9767 or visit www.alphagraphicsilm.com.
•New Hanover Printing and Publishing, 2145 Wrightsville Ave., is open and running as of Friday. “To help in local recovery efforts for any businesses that lost signage or banners, we are going to donate 10 percent of all signage/banner sales for at least the next month to the •Cape Fear United Way for the UW to use as they see fit in any recovery missions in which they might be involved.” Call them at 763-5599.
• CMIT Solutions of Wilmington, 244 Princess St., Suite 202 is open and providing IT support. It has a local land remote staff available to help resolve IT problems. Call them at 444-0594 or visit www.cmitsolutions.com/ilm.
• Wilmington International Airport is open, and the airlines are operating flights. Travelers are encouraged to continue to reach out to their airline directly to check on flight status or for any travel related questions. American Airlines, www.aa.com, 1 (800) 433-7300 Delta, www.delta.com 1 (800) 221-1212 and United www.united.com 1 (800) 864-8331.
• Cameron Art Museum, 3201 S. 17th St. will reopen to the public on Sunday with a community free day on Sunday. The restaurant and bar will also be re-opened back to normal schedule on Sunday. Call them at 395-5999 or visit www.cameronartmuseum.com.
Editor's note: The Business Journal is running “Open for Business” stories with a roundup of companies and other organizations that have reopened to help spread the word. To be included in these, send an email to [email protected]. Include the name of your business, address, phone number, website and a brief update (for example, if you have limited hours, a high-demand item in stock or other relevant information).
Sherri Crawford - May 17, 2019
Sherri Crawford - May 17, 2019
Cece Nunn - May 17, 2019
Jenny Callison - May 17, 2019
Lori Wilson - May 17, 2019
The Wilmington Area Hospitality Association (WAHA) kicked off its annual membership drive May 15 at an event at the Embassy Suites by Hilton...
Modeled after the Santa Maria, the Nao Santa Maria has been on display at Port City Marina...
Info Junkie Jim R. Roberts, Founder of Network for Entrepreneurs in Wilmington (NEW) and Wilmington Angels for Local Entrepreneurs (WALE), o...