Whether you've dined at one of her Kinston-based restaurants, were captivated by her PBS show "A Chef's Life" or braved a recipe from her debut cookbook, Deep Run Roots, Vivian Howard's influence has reached far beyond her own kitchen. (And lucky for us, she'll soon have one of those in Wilmington, too.)
Join us to hear from Vivian about her career, lessons learned along the way and plans for her new Wilmington restaurant.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Wilmington Convention Center
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
To reserve seats, click the "Buy Tickets" tab above.
You can also purchase a signed copy of Chef Howard's New York Times Best-Seller cookbook, Deep Run Roots.
Along the way, a few of Howard's accomplishments include:
• Owner and chef, Chef & the Farmer, progressive eatery
• Author, New York Times Best-Seller cookbook, Deep Run Roots
• James Beard Award, outstanding food personality, 2016
• Daytime Emmy, outstanding directing in a lifestyle/culinary/Travel program, 2016
• Peabody Award, excellence in Broadcasting, 2016
• James Beard SEMI-Finalist, Best Chef Southeast, 2011-2016
If you have questions or for more information email Vicky Janowski and Maggi Apel, co-leaders of the Leadership Initiative, at [email protected]
To learn more about WILMA's Leadership Initiative, click here.