Keynote breakfast with Jack Gerard, President of the American Petroleum Institute
Coastal Energy Exploration
Two significant energy initiatives will be considered for Southeast North Carolina in the coming years — offshore oil and gas exploration and coastal and offshore wind farms. The panelists will talk about the opportunities, risks and timelines for these initiatives.
• Brian O'Hara, President and Founder, Southeastern Coastal Wind Coalition
• Eddie Pharr, Vice President of Business Development, Spectrum Geo
• Craig Poff, Director of Business Development, Iberdrola Renewables
• Andy Radford, Senior Policy Advisor for Offshore Issues, American Petroleum Institute
• Lisa Schiavinato, Co-Director, North Carolina Coastal Resources Law, Planning and Policy Center at NC State
10-Minute Energy Shots
Hear about significant energy-related initiatives in our region in 10-minute, TED-style talks from executives with GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy, Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas, and Strata Solar.
• John Morrison, Chief Operating Officer, Strata Solar
• Paul Newton, North Carolina President, Duke Energy
• Ken Valentine, Vice President of Business Development and Technology Services, Piedmont Natural Gas
• Executive with GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy
Keynote lunch with North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory