Join us on October 11 to celebrate the 2019 Women to Watch Awards Finalist!
Now in its eighth year, WILMA's Women to Watch Awards spotlights regional women who are the movers-and-shakers, the disruptors, the inspirations for successes to come. This year more than 200 nominations and applications were received, 13 judges read through all the details, 35 finalists were hand selected and, ultimately, seven winners will be named at this celebratory event.
Wilmington Convention Center
5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Cocktail Hour with Hors d'oeuvre, wine and beer
6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - Awards Ceremony
7:30 - 10:00 p.m. - Food Station Open
Music by Lunar Tide
Tickets include food, wine and beer, an awards ceremony, and a special reveal of the overall category winners. There will also be music and dancing to round out the night!
Cocktail attire preferred
Introducing the 2019 Women to Watch Finalists:
Finalists listed alphabetically.
- Qwen Baker – President, CDMSmith Federal Services
- Catherine Hawksworth – Owner, Modern Legend
- Alyson Smist - Assistant General Manager, Wilmington Sharks
- Ruth Smith – President, RR Smith Strategic Solutions
- Lorin Van Zandt - Co-Founder, President, MISSIO Hair
- Kobe Campbell - Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, The Healing Circle LLC
- Estefania Gutierrez – Paralegal, David Creech Law Firm, PLLC
- Lee Rochelle – Supervisor, Guardian ad Litem Program
- Michaela & Annabelle Sanchez – Owners, Entangled Dreams
- Leah Sherrill – Founder, Special Pedals
- Buffy Andrews - Owner & Wellness Guru, Made Well Center for Wholeness
- Candice Curtin - Chief Executive Officer, Pressure Dx
- Lauren Gainor - Medical Director, Inpatient Pediatrics & Newborn Services, Coastal Children's Services
- Candy Lee - Dementia Care Nurse Specialist, Lower Cape Fear Hospice
- Rebecca Mullaney - Owner & Licensed Professional Counselor, Stable Ground Counseling (Coastal Therapeutic Riding Program)
- Lauren Brown - Owner, Cosmetic Tattoo Artist, Lasting Looks By Lauren Brooke, LLC
- Donna Gargett - Executive Director/Founder, Blank Canvas Awareness Art
- Kim Henry - Executive Director, Theatre for All
- Jamie La Londe-Pinkston - Program Coordinator, DREAMS of Wilmington (Youth Development through the Arts)
- Gale Smith – Artist, Self-Employed Artist
- Janelle Babington - Founder & Executive Director, American Red Lion Disaster & Abuse Fund
- Evelyn Bryant - Chief Executive Officer, Northside Bridge Builders
- Angie Hill - Chief Executive Officer, Brigade Boys & Girls Club
- Emily Klinefelter - Executive Director, Foster Pantry
- MaLisa Umstead - Executive Director, A Safe Place
- Stephanie Boucher – Lieutenant, Wilmington City Police
- Mebane Boyd – Director, New Hanover County Resiliency Task Force
- Jessica Loeper – CCO, New Hanover County
- Elizabeth Peterson - Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development, North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- Lauren White – Lieutenant, New Hanover County Sheriff's Office
- Jessica Gaffney - Theater Department Chair, CFCC
- Kellie Griggs - Assistant Professor, UNCW School of Nursing
- Darlena Moore – President, The Gilbert Scholarship, Inc.
- Crystal Sutherland - Founder/President, Journey to Heal Ministries
- Kendall Tidey – Facilitator, Wilmington Transgender Community
Any female resident of New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender County is eligible for the W2W Awards.
Click on the Buy Tickets tab above to make a reservation for the 2019 Women to Watch Awards Celebration!
Photos from last year's award ceremony can be found by following the links below.
Women to Watch Awards 1
Women to Watch Awards 2
WILMA’s Women to Watch Awards is part of the WILMA Leadership Initiative. If you would like to be a sponsor of the Initiative, please contact Melissa Pressley, VP of Sales, at (910) 343.8600 x 203 or [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])
If you have questions or for more information email Vicky Janowski and Maggi Apel, co-leaders of the Leadership Initiative, at [email protected]
To learn more about WILMA's Leadership Initiative, click here.