At Strickland’s Blinds, Shades & Shutters, we pride ourselves on selling high quality window treatments that will last for decades to come. In fact, some of our clients visit our repair center with window blinds they’ve had since the 1950s! There’s an old saying that goes, “Buy nice or buy twice.” While it can be tempting to go for the cheaper, store-bought window coverings, buying nice proves worth the initial investment. If you’re looking for window treatments that will truly stand the test of time, here are a few tips.
1. Choose a window treatment that’s timeless. While trendy statement pieces come and go, quality window treatments are simply timeless. Roman shadesevoke luxury without going overboard, and solid draperies match any decor.
2. Design with the room in mind. Another way to ensure the longevity of your window treatments is to choose a style that suits the room. Draperies softly complement tall windows, while valances add color and brightness to a kitchen - at a safe distance from daily splashes and spills. Our professional designers can help you decide what style matches your personal aesthetic and home design.
3. Make sure they’re covered. It’s easy to think that once quality window treatments are installed, they’re good to go. But window treatments need protection, too. Opt for coverings that are carefully lined to protect from sun damage and fading, and ask your designer about window treatments that are coastal North Carolina (and humidity!) friendly.
4. Keep them clean. Quality window treatments require regular cleaning and upkeep. Shake out drapery panels to avoid dust build-up. From time to time, give them a good vacuum and hand-wash or professional cleaning, depending on the fabric of course. For blinds and shutters, dust regularly and spot clean, too. Make sure to consult with the experts - Strickland’s designers and installers can tell you exactly what type of upkeep your custom-designed window treatments need.
5. Buy nice. One of the easiest ways to ensure the longevity of your window treatments is to buy nice.
Have you ever heard someone say: “I’m too poor to buy cheap.” There’s a lot of wisdom there: cheap is usually disposable, breakable, flimsy, inefficient, unsatisfying, or all of the above.” It costs money to fix or replace “cheap”, whereas a quality investment will often long outlast poor imitations. To echo another adage: “Always buy the best you can afford.”
At Strickland’s, our professional designers can direct you toward timeless coverings perfectly designed and measured for your space, while our installers ensure their proper placement and mounting, using strong curtain rods and hardware built to last.
Ready to find the best quality window treatments for your home? Give us a call at Strickland’s Blinds, Shades & Shutters to schedule a free on-site consultation or visit our showroom to take a look at our offerings.
Fred Kumpel is the owner of Strickland’s Home. The company, located at 5422 Oleander Drive, has four divisions, each with its own products showroom: Strickland’s Blinds, Shades & Shutters; Strickland’s Closets & Home Organization; Strickland’s Custom Garages; and Strickland’s Draperies & Fabrics. To learn more, visit StricklandsHome.com. Fred can be reached at [email protected] or by calling 910.762.0944.
Christina Haley O'Neal - Sep 23, 2019
A Wilmington company has developed a cloud-based application for small businesses that manages client information, invoicing, documents, ema...
The Cape Fear Museum of History and Science is fully functional once again, nearly a year after sustaining damages from Hurricane Florence....
Developers and city officials say the demand exists for the supply that’s coming to the Port City’s popular downtown area....