The N.C. Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service presented the 2022 Governor’s Volunteer Service Award to 10 recipients from Brunswick County. Award recipients are:
- Barbara Morris – Brunswick Senior Resources Inc.
- BC Band of Brothers – W.A.R.M.
- Mary Pat Lynch – Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center
- Maureen Meisen – Brunswick County Emergency Services
- Mabell DeShields – Sunset Harbor Zion Hill Volunteer Fire Department
- John Bronneck – Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office
- Paulette Johnson – Brunswick County Emergency Services
- Celeste McConnell – Emergency Response Chaplain
- Albert Plant – Brunswick Senior Resources Inc.
- Cindy Carver – Brunswick County Emergency Services and Health Services Departments
Additionally, the 2022 Governor's Medallion Award for Volunteer Service was presented to Brunswick County recipient Cindy Carver for being one of the top volunteers in the state.
The Governor’s Volunteer Service Award honors people who have shown concern and compassion for their neighbors by making a significant contribution to their community through volunteer service. The award was created in the Office of the Governor in 1979.
The Governor's Medallion Award for Volunteer Service honors the top 20-25 volunteers in the state. Each county is permitted only one Medallion nomination per year. The award was created in the Office of the Governor in 2006.
More details about the honorees are on Brunswick County's website.