Congratulations to all our finalists and winners!
To view this year's event pictures click here:
The 2019 Women to Watch Award winners are:
Arts: Lauren Brooke Brown, Owner/Cosmetic Tattoo Artist, Lasting Looks by Lauren Brooke LLC
Business: Catherine Hawksworth, Owner, Modern Legend
Education: Kellie Griggs, Assistant Professor, UNCW School of Nursing
Health - Lauren Gainor, Medical Director, Inpatient Pediatrics & Newborn Services, Coastal Children’s Services
Nonprofit - Evelyn Bryant, Chief Executive Officer, Northside Bridge Builders
Public Service, Jessica Loeper, Chief Communications Officer,
New Hanover County
Rising Star - Kobe Campbell, Licensed Professional Counselor Associate,
The Healing Circle LLC
Read more about the 2019 Women to Watch Finalists in the October issue of WILMA magazine!
Introducing the 2019 Women to Watch Finalists:
Finalists listed alphabetically.
- Gwen Baker – President, CDM Federal Programs Corporation
- Catherine Hawksworth – Owner, Modern Legend
- Ruth Ravitz Smith – President, RR Smith Strategic Solutions (R2S3)
- Alyson Smist - Assistant General Manager, Wilmington Sharks
- Lorin Van Zandt - Co-Founder/President, MISSIO Hair
- Kobe Campbell - Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, The Healing Circle LLC
- Estefania Gutierrez – Paralegal, David Creech Law Firm PLLC
- Lee Rochelle – Supervisor, Guardian ad Litem Program
- Michaela & Annabelle Sanchez – Musicians, Entangled Dreams
- Leah Sherrill – Founder, Special Pedals
- Buffy Andrews - Owner & Wellness Guru, Made Well Center for Wholeness
- Candice Curtin - Chief Executive Officer, Pressure Dx
- Lauren Gainor - Medical Director, Inpatient Pediatrics & Newborn Services, Coastal Children's Services
- Candy Lee - Dementia Care Nurse Specialist, Lower Cape Fear Hospice
- Rebecca Mullaney - Owner and Psychotherapist, Stable Ground Counseling
- Lauren Brooke Brown - Owner/Cosmetic Tattoo Artist, Lasting Looks By Lauren Brooke LLC
- Donna Gargett - Executive Director/Founder, Blank Canvas Awareness Art
- Kim Henry - Executive Director, Theatre for All
- Jamie La Londe-Pinkston - Program Coordinator, DREAMS of Wilmington
- Gale Smith – Artist, Gale Smith Art
- Janelle Babington - Founder/Executive Director, American Red Lion Disaster & Abuse Fund
- Evelyn Bryant - Chief Executive Officer, Northside Bridge Builders
- Angie Hill - Chief Executive Officer, Brigade Boys & Girls Club
- Emily Klinefelter - Founder/Foster Mom , Foster Pantry
- MaLisa Umstead - Founder/Executive Director, A Safe Place
- Stephanie Boucher – Lieutenant, Wilmington Police Department
- Mebane Boyd – Director, New Hanover County Resiliency Task Force
- Jessica Loeper – Chief Communications Officer, New Hanover County
- Elizabeth Peterson - Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development, North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- Lauren White – Lieutenant, New Hanover County Sheriff's Office
- Jessica Gaffney - Theater Department Chair, CFCC
- Kellie Griggs - Assistant Professor, UNCW School of Nursing
- Darlena Moore – President, The Gilbert Scholarship Inc.
- Crystal Sutherland - Founder/President, Journey to Heal Ministries
- Kendall Tidey – Facilitator, Adult Transgender Support Group
Any female resident of New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender County is eligible for the W2W Awards.
Click on the Buy Tickets tab above to make a reservation for the 2019 Women to Watch Awards Celebration!
Photos from last year's award ceremony can be found by following the links below.
Women to Watch Awards 1
Women to Watch Awards 2
Have questions about the event? Contact Maggi Apel at 910-343-8600 x220 or [email protected]
WILMA’s Women to Watch Awards is part of the WILMA Leadership Initiative. If you would like to be a sponsor of the Initiative, please contact Melissa Pressley, VP of Sales, at (910) 343.8600 x 203 or [email protected]
For more information on WILMA's Women to Watch Leadership Initiative, click here.