Cape Fear Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) is accepting entries for the 2021 Cape Fear CREW Awards of Excellence.
The deadline is Jan. 29.
The awards, which will be held April 29 at the Wilmington Convention Center, recognize excellence and leadership in commercial real estate throughout the Cape Fear Region, including the city of Wilmington and the counties of New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow, Duplin, Sampson, Columbus and Bladen.
According to a news release, Cape Fear CREW welcomes submissions and nominations from the public and Cape Fear CREW members, along with their companies, business colleagues and partners.
Nominating a company or submitting projects or deals for consideration is free.
The categories are as follows:
- Dealmaker Award, recognizing a person or team who demonstrated excellence, resourcefulness, collaboration and industry best practices while working on a successful transaction.
- Economic and Community Enhancement Award, honoring projects that promote economic development and/or enhance communities by improving quality of life and fostering the overall social and economic interest of those communities.
- Best Interior Award, recognizing exceptional interior design and the intentional and impactful design decisions that were part of a project in the Cape Fear Region.
- Career Advancement for Women Award, recognizing a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team. Nominees do not need to be Cape Fear CREW members or work within the commercial real estate industry.
- Evolve Award: This new award for 2021 will be awarded to a company or team that has efficiently and successfully adapted their business strategies and practices in response to the COVID-19 Health crisis and has evolved their business model and achieved success with it. This can be awarded to a company or team for strategy, development and implementation at their firm, a specific building, a specific project or a portfolio.
- Placemaking Award, recognizing a team who worked together on a development, major renovation, or redevelopment project in the Cape Fear Region that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics and relationship to surroundings.
In addition, there will be two awards nominated and voted on by the Cape Fear CREW Board of Directors:
- Impact Award, recognizing an individual or company who has consistently exemplified the traits of outstanding leadership in the commercial real estate industry and who has made a significant contribution to, and has had a significant positive influence on, the Cape Fear region’s commercial real estate industry, and the
- Beth Quinn Excellence Award, honoring a Cape Fear CREW member who has demonstrated exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions toward the success of Cape Fear CREW and exemplifies the values and spirit of the late Beth Quinn, a founder of the Cape Fear CREW Chapter and leader within the region’s commercial real estate industry.
More information about the awards is available online