Cape Fear CREW on Feb. 27, 2020, is hosting its second annual Awards of Excellence, which recognize excellence and leadership in commercial real estate in the Cape Fear region, and the deadline to nominate projects and initiatves is Dec. 13.
Cape Fear CREW President Connie Ronner of SunTrust stated in an email, "In 2019, the Cape Fear CREW [Commercial Real Estate Women] awards marked the first time that our region's tremendous achievements in commercial real estate were recognized and celebrated.
"We encourage everyone with projects, transactions and all types of commercial real estate accomplishments to check out our awards website and consider applying for our 2020 Awards. These awards are designed to bring together and recognize the best of our commercial real estate industry and we are so excited to see this year's nominations."
There is no charge to nominate, and nominations can be completed online
Projects or initiatives need to have achieved a Certificate of Occupancy or substantial completion between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 to be eligible for submission and must be located in New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow, Duplin, Sampson, Columbus or Bladen counties.
The award categories are as follows:
- Dealmaker Award: Award recognizes a person or team who demonstrated excellence, resourcefulness, collaboration and industry best practices while working on a successful transaction. Transactions can include a lease, sale or acquisition, financing, re-zoning or site plan application or other transaction supported by members of the commercial real estate service practice areas. Eligible teams may include brokers/agents, bank officers, mortgage bankers, in-house professionals or other professionals, including attorneys, accountants, valuation and title experts, etc.
- Economic & Community Enhancement Award: Real estate projects can transform the built environment and have the power to revitalize a community, often beyond the boundaries of the project. This award showcases the critical impact that real estate development can have on the lives of residents and businesses in the Cape Fear Region. These projects can inspire and provide hope in a community, house important programs, deliver services or provide jobs. This award will honor projects that promote economic development and/or enhance communities by improving quality of life and fostering the overall social and economic interest of those communities.
- Best Interior Award: Exceptional interior design connects the functional, emotional, and organizational needs of a client with the environment that will align with these goals. The Best Interior Award recognizes exceptional interior design and the intentional and impactful design decisions that were part of a project in the Cape Fear Region. Project team members must exhibit not just excellence in design and technical expertise but must also demonstrate the ability to connect with and understand the users of the space/building.
- Career Advancement for Women Award: This award recognizes a company or individual who consistently exemplifies Cape Fear CREW’s commitment to elevating the status of women by supporting the advancement of the careers of women and who has shown leadership in encouraging and promoting women within the leadership team.
- Creative Marketing Award: Creating the messaging and brand promise for real estate projects, public initiatives, companies, retailers and civic organizations is a unique challenge for the marketing industry in the Cape Fear Region. The Creative Marketing Award honors a company, individual or team who has developed the most creative and effective advertising or marketing program to promote or feature commercial real estate, including projects, properties, transactions, public or private initiatives and/or commercial real estate services.
- Placemaking Award: The best real estate developments and redevelopments capture the imagination of their communities and create a unique sense of place. The Placemaking Award recognizes a team who worked together on a development, major renovation, or redevelopment project in the Cape Fear Region that demonstrates excellence in functionality, aesthetics and relationship to surroundings. Projects in this category include mixed use, office, retail, hospitality, multifamily, condominium or any combination thereof. This award will honor excellence in architecture, site planning, approach to the market and marketability, impact on the surrounding community and contribution to the economic health of the area.
Information about all the awards and judging criteria can be found at Cape Fear Crew's website