More area businesses are opening Wednesday following impacts of Hurricane Florence. Below is a running list of some of those locations. To see a full list of opening announcements, click here.
Banks and Credit Unions
• BB&T offices at 4320 S. 17th Street and 301 S. College Road are currently open. Drive-thru offices are open at 1313 Military Cutoff Road in Wilmington and 1220 Dickinson Drive in Leland.
• Corning Credit Union, 125 Racine Drive and 7961 Market St. in Wilmington and 2036 Olde Regent Way in Leland, will be open Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Racine Drive location will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Visit www.corningcu.org
for all current branch and ATM availabilities.
• Select Bank and Trust office location at 1001 Military Cutoff Road in Wilmington opened for full-service Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Leland office at 1101 New Pointe Blvd. opened its Drive Thru on Thursday. Call 679-4570 or visit selectbank.com.
• SunTrust Bank, 5201 S. College Road location will open Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Landfall branch located at 1979 Eastwood Road will be open Friday from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Restaurants and Café
• The Donut Inn, 1427 Military Cutoff Road, has been open for the last couple of days from 6:30 a.m. until they sell out. Call 679-8420.
• Hops Supply Co., 5400 Oleander Drive has power and is now open for business with a limited menu and hours. Contact the restaurant at 833-8867. “We can also help anyone charge their phones if they do not have power.”
• Henry’s Restaurant and Bar, 2508 Independence Blvd., is open for lunch and dinner with limited hours for the curfew. Call the business at 793-2929.
• Carrabba’s, 15 Van Campen Blvd. reopened its Wilmington location on Wednesday. Call the restaurant at 794-9094.
• Medac Urgent Care at 4402 Shipyard Blvd., 5245 S. College Road, 2600 New Village Way and 1442 Military Cutoff Road will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
• Momentum PT & Wellness, 709 George Anderson Drive, is open during its regular hours inside the Midtown YMCA. Call the business at 769-1238.
• Promina Health Direct Primary Care office at 1606 Physicians Drive, is open during its regular hours. It is offering tetanus vaccines and is working to provide relief items to a mobile medical clinic in the area. “If you have health-related items that you would like to donate, please contact Promina Health Direct Primary Care at 910-795-1395.”
• Wilmington Dermatology Center, 710 Military Cutoff Road, opened on Monday with regular hours but a limited staff. It anticipates being fully staffed Friday. The center may extend work hours to work-in patients. Contact the business at 256-4350.
• White & Johnson Pediatric Dentistry, 109 Mendenhall Drive, is open for regular business hours starting Sept. 24.
• Holmes Security Systems, 109 Hinton Ave., is open for business selling security, camera, fire and access systems. Call 793-4181.
• Crystal Carpet & Flooring had flooding in its showroom and warehouse but call 452-4143 for service and a salesperson will be in touch. Visit its website at crystalcarpet.net
• James E. Moore Insurance Agency Inc., 1508 Military Cutoff Road, opened on Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. Contact the business at 256-5333.
• Pender County Government offices will open Sept. 25. All employees will work on their regular schedules or shifts.
• Sista Hats, which opened this month at 119 S. Front St., will reopen on October 1. Call the business at 352-1258.
• Fleet Feet, 1125 Military Cutoff Road, will open on Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is hosting a free pancake run on Saturday at 7 a.m. Regular business hours will resume on Sept. 23. Contact the business by calling, 239-9410.
• Nothing Bundt Cakes, 1437 Military Cutoff Road, opened at noon on Thursday. Contact the business by calling, 679-8797.
• Mayfaire will be open Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. “Department store, restaurant and theater’s hours may vary. We encourage the public to call our retailers and restaurants before traveling to confirm their hours of operation. For contact information go to Mayfaire.com
• Majestic Kitchen & Bath, 3317 Kitty Hawk Drive, opened on Thursday with a limited staff to take orders. “We will be fully ramped up effective Monday, Sept. 24.”
• TeamLogic IT of Wilmington, 2901 N. Kerr Ave., is open and operating during its regular hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., as of Thursday. “We are working to assist our clients with restoring data and returning to normal operations.” Call the business at 500-1391.
• Wilmington Downtown Inc., 221 N. Front St., Suite 102, office is open and working. “We have conducted exterior reviews of the buildings along with streets and sidewalks. We made a special outreach to over a dozen Downtown restaurants to address removal of unusable food items. We’ve also gathered and distributed information about FEMA.”
• Port City Signs & Graphics, 401 Oleander Drive, will be open for business Friday at 8 a.m., Request a quote from the business on its website
• Pathfinder Wealth Consulting, 4018 Oleander Drive, now has electricity, telephone and internet restored and will resume normal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours. They are working with a reduced staff, call 793-0616.
• Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, 5710 Oleander Drive, Suite 104, is open during regular hours. Call 679-6840.
• Beau Rivage, has already opened and is sheltering emergency response crews. The driving range, practice facilities and Veranda Bar & Grill opened Thursday morning.
• 9Round, 7122 Market St., is open for business with limited hours, 7 a.m. to noon and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., to comply with the curfew. “For the next two Saturdays (9/22 and 9/29) we are hosting a "Pennies for Punches" event and donating a penny for each punch on the speed bag. We are doubling our donation for each member who brings in a needed item for a local shelter.”
• The Harrelson Center
, 20 N. Fourth St., its Help Hub will reopen Sept. 25 at 9 a.m. to facilitate emergency assistance funding and resource guidance, including healthcare navigation and FEMA processing. “We will continue our diligent distributions to keep people in their homes and temporary rentals with power, water, and food security for their families.”
• Rountree Losee LLP, 2419 Market St., has some team members working remotely and is open for business. Call 763-3404.
• Hogue Hill, LLP, 101 S. Third St., is open for business during its regular hours. Call 762-6687.
Cleaning Services and Repairs
• Sano Steam, 4701 Wrightsville Ave., is open for emergency water damage response. Services can be booked through sanosteam.com
• KBT Realty Services
is open at 1724 Gardner Drive. “The Keller Williams Disaster Relief Team is in town and has begun coordinating relief efforts for clearing our damaged homes as well as supplying food and materials to the community.”
• Bennett Brothers Yachts, 1701 J.E.L. Wade Drive, is open for business during its regular hours from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. They have staff that can work on collision damages, paint and electronics repairs, as well as engines and interior carpentry work. Call 772-9277.
Editor's note: The Business Journal is running “Open for Business” stories with a roundup of companies and other organizations that have reopened to help spread the word. To be included in these, send an email to [email protected]. Include the name of your business, address, phone number, website and a brief update (for example, if you have limited hours, a high-demand item in stock or other relevant information).