Despite supply lines still being largely cutoff because of Hurricane Florence’s damage, services and businesses are beginning to come back online. Below is a running list of some of those locations.
• Cape Fear Solar Systems, 901 Martin St., is open for business and receiving calls for battery backup systems to go with solar. (910) 409-5533
• Sano Steam, 4701 Wrightsville Ave. #3105, is open for water damage mitigation services. (910) 350-0000 or [email protected]
“We have suspended all regular cleaning services in order to focus on businesses and home owners who experienced water damage. We can extract water using truck powered equipment. If a customer has electricity we can begin the drying process. Be patient as our capacity is limited. Our employees evacuated and can’t return yet. We are also limited by fuel."
• Mark Johnson Custom Homes “We are a general contractor and are open for business. Our specialty is project management for larger repairs and disaster recovery.” www.markjohnsoncustomhomes.com
• Evergreen Mulch and Land Clearing, 2605 Blue Clay Road: Collect vegetative yard debris evergreennc.us
The Flying Locksmiths, 9970 Beach Drive Unit 13, Calabash; opened in limited areas
• Wells Fargo: Myrtle Grove, 5501 Carolina Beach Road; branch updates posted at wellsfargo.com
• First Citizens Bank locations: Downtown Wilmington, 315 Market St.; Shallotte; Sunset Beach; Wilmington Medical Center, 2200 S. 17 St.; Wilmington Main Office, 440 S. College Road; The bank is posting location updates here
• Bank OZK, 1105 Military Cutoff; open with a limited staff
• Carolina Retirement Planners, normally at 620 Market St., has set up a remote office in the Raleigh area. “Clients can reach us during this time on our emergency phone number (910) 686-8832, or through our website carolinaretirementplanners.com
• Moe’s Original Bar B Que, 5818 Oleander Drive: open as supplies last, cash only
• Mellow Mushroom, 4311 Oleander Drive: open as supplies last, cash only
• Round Bagels & Donuts, 890 S. Kerr Ave.: opens at 8 a.m.
• Boombalatti’s, 1127 Military Cutoff Road, Unit B in The Forum
• Sweet n Savory, 1611 Pavilion Place, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. on a limited menu
• Tails Piano Bar & Lounge, 115 S. Front St.; reopens Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 5 p.m. (full bar, does not serve food) “Our normal hours are 5-midnight Wednesdays and Thursdays; 5 p.m.-2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays. We will stay open as long as curfew allows.”
• First Uniform, 2316 S. 17th St., Ste. 130; “Store hours this week will be: Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.”
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
• New Hanover Medical Group-NHRMC Physician Group’s Myrtle Grove office will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for the urgent care of New Hanover Medical Group patients on a walk-in basis
• New Hanover Medical Group-NHRMC Physician Group’s Brunswick Forest office resumes regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting Tuesday, Sept. 18, continuing to welcome walk-ins.
• NHRMC-Coastal Family Medicine is open this week and seeing walk-in patients. The office is also scheduled to be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for sick patients. Patients can call if they need medication refills.
• Wrightsville Beach Family Medicine is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for walk-in patients.
• The Glen Meade Center for Women's Health (Glen Meade location only) is open for appointments.
• Atlantic Fetal Medicine is open for appointments.
• NOTE from NHRMC: “We are assessing other locations and will open them as soon as it is safe to do so. Practices will call individual patients to reschedule canceled appointments. NHRMC Health & Diagnostics locations and all other NHRMC Physician Group practices are closed.” Call the office before going to any scheduled appointment and check the website
• NHRMC’s emergency department at the hospital’s 17th Street location in Wilmington is open, as is the Women’s and Children’s Hospital for patients.
• A mobile hospital unit has been deployed to Pender County because Pender Memorial Hospital remains closed.
Wilmington Health locations will be open Tuesday, Sept. 18 and Wednesday, Sept. 19 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at:
• Monkey Junction Convenient Care, 5211 S. College Road
• Jacksonville Urgent Care, 1000 Brabham Ave.
• Shipyard Family Medicine, 4141 Shipyard Blvd.
• Internal Medicine at 1202 Medical Center Drive (walk-in clinic only)
• OB/GYN 17th Street, 1802 S. 17th St.
• Mayfaire (Internal Medicine/Pediatrics) – Will also see appointments of Dr. Brannin and Dr. Taylor
Updates are listed here
Medac Urgent Care
• 4402 Shipyard Blvd. and Monkey Junction location at 5245 S. College Road will open Wednesday, Sept. 19 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Novant Health Oceanside Family Medicine & Convenient Care, 5145 Sellers Road in Shallotte, reopens at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19. “We are currently assessing the status of the remainder of our clinics and will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so,” health system representatives said.
• Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center remains open.
Editor's note: The Business Journal is running “Open for Business” stories with a roundup of companies and other organizations that have reopened to help spread the word. To be included in these, send an email to [email protected]. Include the name of your business, address, phone number, website and a brief update (for example, if you have limited hours, a high-demand item in stock or other relevant information).