Nicolas Montoya, chairman
The New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority has announced the appointments and officers of its board for 2018, according to a release.
New Hanover County Commissioners made the board appointments. Officers were elected at the TDA regular board meeting on Jan. 24, said Kim Hufham, president and CEO of the New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority.
The 2018 officers of the board are:
- Chairman: Nicolas Montoya, general manager of the Blockade Runner Resort
- Vice chairman: Angela Rhodes, co-owner of Catch Modern Seafood Cuisine
- Secretary: Daniel Perkins, assistant general manager of the Hilton Wilmington Riverside
- Treasurer: Lisa Wurtzbacher, New Hanover County finance officer
The 2018 appointments to the board are:
- Carolina Beach Mayor Joe Benson, representing the town of Carolina Beach
- Kure Beach Mayor Craig Bloszinsky, representing the town of Kure Beach
- New Hanover County Commissioner Patricia Kusek, who was reappointed as the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners' representative
- Jason Spencer Bryant, general manager of Bryant Real Estate, who was reappointed to represent New Hanover County vacation rental properties (100-plus units)
- TeDra George, general manager of Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown, who was reappointed to represent Wilmington hotels (with fewer than 150 units)
- Daniel Perkins, assistant general manager of the Hilton Wilmington Riverside, who was reappointed to represent Wilmington accommodations (with more than 150 units)