The Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce awarded 23 local businesses a Golden Pineapple Award at a ceremony recently held at the chamber.
Golden Pineapple Awards are given quarterly to those businesses nominated by their customers for providing consistent and exceptional customer service, according to a press release from the chamber.
“Consistent and exceptional customer service is the foundation of a thriving small business,” said Karen Sphar, Executive Vice President of the Southport-Oak Island Area Chamber of Commerce.
Summer 2017 Golden Pineapple Award Winners are (by category):
- Activities and Attractions: Southport Pilates and Yeah Right Charters
- Retail: Burnishop.com, Cattail Cottage, Hope Chest Oak Island, Lantana’s Gallery & Fine Gifts, Post Fabrics & Interiors and Southport Cheese Shoppe
- Professionals: Collins Insurance, Teresa Carroll at Edward Jones, Ken White at Farm Bureau Insurance, Margaret Rudd & Associates, Inc., REALTORS, River Road Animal Hospital and US Health Advisors
- Services: Carolina Solar Security, Cooper Electric, Port City Design, River Run Pack & Ship, Your Choice Family Health & Wellness and Ben Frazier at The State Port Pilot.
- Dining: K&S Gas & Grill, Pelican’s Snoballs, Southport Cheese Shoppe and The Grape & Ale
The next Golden Pineapple nominations will be taken by the chamber until Oct. 31.